Gorgeous backdrops, unique histories, and fresh, delectable dishes ensure you’re in for a treat! Looking for a special date night spot, or want to impress out-of-town guests with one of the best views in town? These Whidbey Island restaurants promise waterfront dining at its finest!
Here’s a look at 7 awesome restaurants for waterfront dining on Whidbey Island:
- Located at 9702, 2072 W. Capt. Whidbey Inn Rd. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 12:00pm-3:00pm Wednesday-Friday (Lunch); 11:00am-3:00pm Saturday-Sunday (Brunch); 5:00pm-9:00pm Wednesday-Sunday (Dinner)
- Happy Hour: 3:00pm-6:00pm Wednesday-Sunday (click here for their happy hour menu)
Set on the idyllic shores of Penn Cove, Captain Whidbey Inn’s restaurant is a not-to-miss Whidbey treasure. You can enjoy fresh seafood for brunch, lunch, dinner, or happy hour, including steamer clams and Penn Cove mussels, salmon, cioppino soup, and more. Enjoy it in the dining room or outdoors overlooking Penn Cove; either way, it will be a meal you won’t soon forget!
- Located at 8 Front St. N.E. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 11:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday
Steeped in Pacific Northwest tradition, Toby’s Tavern is a must for local history buffs, or anyone looking for a great burger. Built in 1890, this building houses a ton of local memorabilia, including the old 5 man racing shell hanging from their ceiling. In addition to fascinating decor, Toby’s also boasts a delicious selection of fresh seafood, steaks, prime rib, and the “best burgers on the planet.” The next time you’re in Coupeville, make sure to stop by Toby’s for a bite.
- Located at 20 Front St. N.W. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday & Sunday; 11:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-9:00pm
Not even a decade old, the Front Street Grill has already made a name for itself as a premier local dining experience. Catch breathtaking views of the Coupeville Wharf and Mount Baker while enjoying one of their 6 different types of fresh local mussels, mouthwatering burgers and steaks, or seafood pastas. With a cocktails and a kids menu, this is a spot the whole family will love.
- Located at 4 Front St. N.W. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday; 8:00am-3:00pm Saturday-Sunday
If you’re looking for a light breakfast or a simple lunch on the water, Knead & Feed is sure to become your next go-to spot. Drop by for a “Front Street Lunch,” which is their most popular combo of a bowl of soup, a green salad, a thick slice of bread, and a piece of pie. Homemade comfort food, friendly service, and a waterfront view... perfection!
- Located at 916 S.E. Bayshore Dr. Oak Harbor, WA 98277
- Hours: 11:00am-8:00pm Monday-Friday; 11:00am-9:00pm Saturday-Sunday
For pizza with a scenic view, Alfy’s is the place to go. Voted “Best Pizza and Salad Bar,” Alfy’s has a wide selection of pies (including a build your own option), as well as sandwiches, pastas, sides, and desserts. For a look at their full Water’s Edge menu, click here.
- Located at 26 Front St. N.W. Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 11:30am-4:30pm 7 days a week
Located right on Coupeville’s historic wharf, the Cove Cafe is a great spot for a casual meal. Enjoy fresh fish and chips, steamed Penn Cove Mussels, or more unique items like their “Not-Your-Average BLT,” and wash it all down with a refreshing hard cider, beer, or wine. With indoor and outdoor seating available, the Cove Cafe allows you to experience Whidbey Island at its finest.
- Located at 201 1/2 1st St. Langley, WA 98260
- Hours: 11:30am-9:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 11:30am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday
- Happy Hour: 3:00pm-5:00pm 7 days a week
For a taste of Paris and a splash of Pacific Northwest flair, no place beats Langley’s own Prima Bistro. Try one of their elegant small plates or a French-inspired salad or burger. Beautiful outdoor deck seating, a kids menu, and a variety of gluten free and vegan options make this a fun and welcoming place for all.